June is Pride Month, dedicated to celebrating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, and others in gender expansive communities (LGBTQIA+) around the world. Pride Month raises visibility on the importance of diversity, inclusivity, equality, and belonging for all people.
At Summus, we are committed to transforming access to high quality medical expertise for all people, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, or other personal attributes. At Summus, we strive to deliver inclusive care to every member by:
- Using inclusive language that demonstrates respect and instills trust and confidence.
- Carefully vetting each physician in the Summus provider network to ensure their cultural sensitivity, competence, and humility, ensuring a respectful and supportive environment for all members.
- Accounting for members’ personal preferences for providers such as gender, language spoken, and experience working with various populations.
- Providing confidential consultations which affords members the opportunity to meet with specialists from the safety and privacy of a location of their choosing.
- Taking the time to answer health questions in depth where members are never rushed and gives them the time to get the answers and education they need to make well-informed decisions about their healthcare.
- Curating lists of physicians for in-person care, if needed, through our personalized physician referral process, ensuring access to board-certified physicians who are experienced in the relevant conditions, treatments, or procedures—and who align with members’ preferences for personal and cultural fit.
Summus is the clinical front door to trusted, high quality medical expertise. As a diverse company on a mission to restore the human connection in healthcare, our door is open to all people. To learn how Summus creates equity and supports diversity, inclusivity, and belonging for employees and health plan members, visit: https://gosummus.info/deib
To continue our support for diversity, inclusion, and our LGBTQIA+ family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, members and clients, we have made a donation to The Trevor Project.